Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sungirl
      Participant

I told him I want to separate. He said he won’t leave. He said I should leave and stay with my parents. We have 3 kids I said I’m not leaving them. He said we should work harder on our relationship, he has mental health needs, I need to basically be more understanding, he’ll apologise to the kids. I just sat there listening to all the nonsense that I have heard before. He has had some counselling previously and yes his behaviour is better/doesn’t happen so often, but there has been an increase in the last few months (teenager). What do I do? I know people will say get legal advice, should I? I really can’t admit to myself what has happened I really don’t want agencies etc involved I just want him to go. Will I be able to stay in the house with the kids? There has been no physical or sexual abuse, just emotional so hard to have evidence. Do I need evidence? Ahhh I feel stuck!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sungirl,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. I understand finding it hard to admit what is happening- you don’t want to believe it and want to believe things will get better. You are not responsible for his behaviour- he is choosing to behave in this way and is choosing not to change. Its really important you make any steps to leave once you feel ready.

If you are not already I would encourage you to link in with your local domestic abuse service. I understand your needs to not get agencies involved but domestic abuse services are not social services or the police- its just support for you.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes

Lisa

Secondtimeround
        Participant

Hi, I looked up occupation order on google and started an application online myself via court nav. It was actually easy and I’ve got adhd. It took me a week to complete but it’s been accepted by a solicitor now. They will tell you if your statement is good enough to go to court. There hasnt been any physical abuse. You can do this for emotional abuse and control. I’m now waiting for my court date. I had free legal advice from (detail removed by Moderator) a few month ago. You could also look these up and request an appointment.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content