Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SilkyHalide
      Participant

I can’t believe how I doubt myself. I was wavering a tiny bit after things came a little bit right(er)last night.
      But he’s asked two requests through the children. Such that if I say no ( as I have for the one that effects the children most but the other I will say no directly to him by email) he is making them feel I am saying no to THEM so the consequences to them are my fault. As opposed to his fault for not being organised or trying hard enough to resolve for himself or an unreasonable request or all of the above.
      Short term the children are going to hate me more. Long term it can’t be much worse so the answer is still no which leaves him in a hole!

Ayanna
      Participant

Can you not sit the children down and explain to them why you make certain decisions? They will understand and probably look through him with time. x*x

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I would if they would ever come to see me. It’s mostly over the phone. Plus they always give me third degree. My decision is mostly based on how he is treating me and how the problem he needs me to help him out of is of his making and because he doesn’t take responsibility. He’s never helped me in the same situation the other way round. I’ve been the one left with time and stress and asking favours of friends etc.
      Most other times I have helped him out and in return he’s kicked me in the teeth (metaphorically)
      I’m not doing it anymore. May as well leave him in a hole and kick me in the teeth than help him out and then get a kick in the teeth! How do I explain that to the children!? 😉

SilkyHalide
      Participant

They are teens who’s dad has reinforced thier view I am a bad mum and a liar.
      They won’t trust my explainations at the moment.

Confused123
      Participant

JUst let the kids know u r there for them if they need u, hopefully in time the truth willcome out, its horriblw when they with exa nd they make us out to be the bad one , i find ocnsistent message sink in slowly

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content