Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

My son (detail removed by Moderator) but yet again were cpicking at my son saying u want to comb it bl**dy hair constant nit picking at him. And saying to him that he’s joined the (detail removed by Moderator) team at his local pub all pleased with himself as though he’s having time of his life. and because my son has a stutter he must of said in an agressive manner I can’t hear a word your saying. I’m stalled of this lot it proves he will never change x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Your poor boy. That’s horrible and mean of his abuser-dad to say that to him. Nasty, cruel, abusive bullies.

I went to a talk once on ‘One Good Adult’. That is all children need to be ok. One good parent is enough. Its good your son has you tonight to hug him, tuck him into bed and praise and build him up.x

betterdays
        Participant

Thanks lonc it’s really thrown us all back now he always hurts us all I’m sick of it x

Thank goodness your son has you, is all I can say to that.
      My son has a speech problems related to other ongoing issues and sometimes people, including his dad, find it hard to understand him when he speaks. I remember once fairly recently our son was trying to tell his dad something and his dad didn’t understand. I struggled myself too but before I had chance to help our son, his dad boomed at him aggressively “I cant understand you, speak properly!”
      Completely shattered our sons confidence and he burst into tears. (detail removed by Moderator) I told him never to speak to him like that again. But of course…..I’m not always there and so cant monitor things. So, I sympathise with you greatly. I agree with Lover of no contact…..one good adult is all that’s needed. I am hoping that I can help our son through the difficult times and undo that damage his father consistently brings into his life on access days. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content