Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

I don’t want contact. That has been expressed clearly.

Reported him for harrassment. Was only small incident
      But he came to my house unannounced. Wasn’t on property but said things to upset. But saying was me at fault . I been on edge weeks but more so after bail conditions dropped. Feel like blown things out of proportion.

Its brought a lot up and feeling of self doubt.

Feel lots of pressure to make sure my child Is safe in our home. Don’t want to do anything that concerns social services

He’s warned I will get restrain order.

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

I just feel so paranoid and on edge. Can’t trust him
      But then doubt am I overthinking things

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Call the police when he comes around your house unannounced. The police has to deal with him, not you. Call women’s aid for advice on what to do more precisely so that you & your child feel safe. You are not blowing it out of proportions, he makes you feel nervous, he is harassing you and that’s not alright. Good luck.

KIP.
      Participant

You are not paranoid. Your gut is telling you it’s not safe around him. Trust your gut and get a non molestation order and call police domestic abuse unit. You have every right to decide who you allow in your life. He is ignoring your requests which is a huge red flag. Ring the helpline number on here.

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

I reported him to police and he been told to keep away and warned it was harassment.
      If any further then will be seeking non molestation order.

I’ve realised if I don’t take stand now then he’s gonna think it’s ok.

I have support of a idva so they will help with an order.

I just hate feeling so on edge it’s not fair. The relationship is over
      I just don’t trust him.

But also feel bit peed because he’s banging on about moving on already with someone else. I say I’m not bothered but there’s been no remorse for anything he did. Still my fault.

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

And I felt so much guilt wanting to get out and seeking help

KIP.
      Participant

Read Living With The Dominator. There’s triangulation which is a very common tactic. They get another woman. Doesn’t matter who. Try to rub our nose in it. So typical. Mine did the same. Yes it’s hurtful but try to understand it’s just another form of abuse. Thats if he’s not just making it up. Stick to zero contact. I had to push back every time he pushed the boundaries. Including restraining order etc. The police are there to protect you so use them too. The anxiety subsides after a while. Just hang in there x

Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

I will read it thanks.
      My emotions do over place.
      I’ve had some relatively calm days this week but too much time thinking.

Think I’m blocking a lot of how I feel too.

Other day was first time seen him since arrested. No remorse.
      Think I’ve got to come to terms that it’s probably gonna stay that way

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content