Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I were his rock his soul mate and couldn’t imagine life without me.. etc he said he were trying his best to move us forward but the thing is I never saw any evidence of this ever he really messed with my mind and when I called time he didn’t seem to care less I feel such a fool I’ve been taken in the red flags were there including his ex wife getting a non molestation order on him how foolish I were xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t beat yourself up we’ve all ignored the red flags (that’s how we’re on here) these people are skilled manipulators, lying, acting, charming mirroring and flattering is like breathing to them, they’re chameleons that’ll say whatever to whoever to get whatever they want, they don’t seem to have a conscience, it is devastating but don’t let someone’s actions or lack of define who you are there’s only one of you keep telling yourself ‘I deserve better’ and mean it cos you do and it’s true, n**********c/sociopathic/psychopathic people don’t know how to love or be genuine they only know how to take manipulate lie cheat and prey on people and use all their good traits to their advantage, your good traits were used against you just as ours were but I’m grateful everyday that I’m not and will never be like those people. Self care recovery going through the heartbreak of what you thought was, and being more aware is a way forward now (it’s gonna be a struggle I’m not gonna lie) but do anything and everything you can to get yourself through it (in the healthiest way) take lots of care lovely 💗💞💗

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Icandothis

Its devastating isn’t it, to be told such things, and be so betrayed, realising how shallow those deep and meaningful words actually were.

A shallow person still uses deep and meaningful expressions like this, and its hard to tell the difference between those who really mean them and those that only mean them in the moment, to get you onside, to coerce or manipulate, get close to you.

I’m so sorry this happened to you, but sadly, you are not alone, its more common than you realise the number of women manipulated in this way then discarded once someone else comes along.

As for the non-mol from the ex, its easy to gang up against an ex, and take his side joins forces with him against her for whatever reason he cited, like she’s mad, or messed up, or whatever expression.

How can you know what is true, but it comes in time. Now you see it, and its broken your trust and belief in him which is a shock, but it is better you see who he is and what he will always be capable of. At some point you may be grateful it didn’t go on longer, and that he is with someone else. It would help, potentially, to let the police know, so that they can protect another woman should they ask in future?

For now, take care of yourself and heal, you have had a lucky escape x

warmest wishes

ts

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks auriel and twisted sister for your very helpful feedback. This guy were a complete fantasist. Who called me by a pet name which made me feel uncomfortable he also did the same with his ex wife called her a pet name. This man would have digs at me but saying it so calm as though it were nothing.. I never knew where I stood with him I were always trying to work him out and what be actually wanted I never saw actions though I’m glad I’m out of it…his ex said her marriage to him were like being with a monster…this guy had issues regardless of (detail removed by moderator) xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content