Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Managing111@
      Participant

He’s gone after many years together,But know he thinks he can do what he wants as a single guy can ie drink constantly alone in his flat which is why after so many years of being an Alcoholic and not willing to stop for me or his kids he still carries on doing it.But you know after ending with physical abuse he texts me constantly wanting me and telling me what an Amazing person I am and that he’s an idiot he says can we still have a relationship separated? more like he just wants his cake.Without the stresses of family life,he just wants me but what makes it so hard is I love him dearly 😞 but I can never go back to him as I had so many times

Mellow
      Blocked

He does want his cake mine also asked this off me to they only want us for whatever benefit we have

Anonymous
        Inactive

I too was with an alcoholic for some years on / off , kept going back after endless promises to change or apologies for his abusive behaviour, blaming it on drink mainly ! I gave up on him , the relationship and walked away a few months back now , after more abuse I received from him . You gtta understand his first & only love will be the drink , nothing is going to change , and your end up enabling an addict like I did also , plus the abuse , violence etc . You need to put yourself first and I know it’s hard as you love him , but this life as you know is not for you , there is no future in going back to hi
        , you need to try and break that bond and if possible cut communication with him , his an addict and like my ex has made his choice and this is the life he has chosen . He wants you to accept him for what he is as he can’t stop drinking, they are compulsive liars ! He wants to be this abusive drunk person, but still have you in his life so he can torture you and your family some more , his made his choice and you now have the freedom to live your life without abuse , violence from a drunk , don’t let this man back in again x

Managing111@
      Participant

That’s very true x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m agreeing in that you are amazing so it makes sense that he wants someone amazing back but do you really want an alcoholic abuser back? love won’t make an alcoholic abuser change it’ll just drain you and the cycle will just carry on as always, you’ve obviously come quite far and know what’s right for you, he’s made his choices on how to be and those are his, it’s time to care about you now 💖💗💖

Managing111@
      Participant

Thank you everyone,It’s so sad as you really do know it will never be good,But when they tell you how beautiful you are,your amazing I love you so much,your my best friend etc I had always fallen for it as I still had love for him and wanted a happy marriage our kids are all grown up now and one of them doesn’t want to know him which is a shame the other one is special needs and just misses him and says I’m mean notletting him come home 🙄 think she’s very confused like me 😞 but never will I ever do this ever again x

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is very , very hard as you do want it so much to work and there’s time invested, love & feelings involved, family . I too worshipped my ex , he at the time could say the most amazing things to me and I felt special, but then I got the abuse , the name calling etc , it’s all cheap talk , actions don’t back what they are saying & alcoholics are notorious liars I’m afraid to say . His an addict who needs to sort his demons out , you need to focus on you and your family as hard as it is , this life he is offering to you is how it will always be , nothing will change hun xx

Managing111@
      Participant

Thank you duchess x*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content