Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Firsthope
      Participant

Hey so i split with my ex a (detail removed by Moderator) ago but he phoned me on his work phone cause i blocked him. He wanted to know about coming to pick up his (detail removed by Moderator) he forgot about and has also asked me for a hug because of our relationship ending that he is not coming to terms with it very well. Does anyone know what this means? Does he just want a hug or trying to worm his way in

White Rose
      Participant

Worming back in, he may want a hug but do you? I wouldn’t trust his motives. See if you can drop his stuff off at a friends and not see him.
      Don’t be drawn back into contact if you don’t want it.

pink rose
        Participant

I would say he is trying to worm his way back in by showing you his fake charming side again,he is trying to get you to feel sorry for him to then recontrol and abuse you x

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

He’s definitely trying to appeal to your nurturing side.
      Is he likely to leave straight away or is he going to use it as an excuse to trap you in a scenario you don’t want to be in? Is he even allowed near your house?
      You have to think of the possible outcomes of what he might do. You know him best.
      As White Rose has said, try to drop off his stuff somewhere else or alternatively have a friend or relative round to hand it to him at the door.
      As for hugs he can go to his mum, friends, relatives, teddy bear…
      After a regular relationship going back for ‘hugs’ isn’t conducive to moving on, after an abusive one it could be a danger to your personal safety and detrimental to your personal wellbeing.

Ayanna
      Participant

He just wants to get back because as an abuser loosing is unbearable for him and even more unbearable to admit that he did wrong.
      Keep him away as much as possible.
      Go zero contact and start a new life.
      He will never change.

Firsthope
      Participant

Ok thanks its been so much nicer and stress free without him so It’ll be easy to not make contact

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

NO u do not hug him, its over and the way he treated u was wrong so no he is not getting hug

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content