Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Splishsplash
      Participant

Thru a third party last night I was reliably info that he has filled me with lies.
      (detail removed by moderator)This means he will receive his pension within the next few months, his golden handshake plus he intends to sell the house pronto and buy property abroad near his family and not be tradable to child maintenance!

So off I dashed to the solicitors this morning but before my free consultation tomorrow I grabbed as much advise as I could while I was there. For £40 I can dress an interest in the property before it goes up for sale with the local land registry. Legal aid has now changed making people who actually need it like me harder to get it. Because I disnt initially report abuse to the police, just social services welfare for combined services. I may have to ‘historically report instances’ how I’m not sure yet but maybe I will need to!
      If u don’t get legal aid I’m going to have to fund proceedings myself and I’m not properly set up with money or housing yet and don’t want to be borrowing but maybe I will have to to have a go at securing our future.

I’m going to arm myself with a list for my 30 minutes but I’m not feeling positive.

What criteria would I need to fit in for legal aid if I have left DV marriage with the kids in an overseas country to get back close to my family?
      I don’t even understand much about family law and he is disputing parentage while also insisting o. Contact next month with me and thee kids when he has (detail removed by moderator)leave.

I’m not replying to his emails and I have stopped any other form of contact now until I’m clear where I stand.

Please hit me with any helpful advise if you have been in a similar situation. The receptionist said this is becoming an increasing trend (detail removed by moderator).

Serenity
      Participant

Hi,

I am not sure if the exact ins and outs, but I was awarded legal aid because I had had a non-mol and could trace his audience behaviour over the years. I am not sure how it is affected if you are in different countries.

A friend of mine had managed to file for child maintenance even though her ex is in a different country X

gentlespirit
        Participant

Whether he leaves the country or not he has made it clear that he does not want to give any money and will do whatever he has to in order to win so you are being realistic in having no contact because from my own experience having contact with my abuser was exhausting. Legal aid and I believe public aid should be able to help you with emergency funds. Take as much documentation as you have and take care of your business as quickly as possible before he closes up more loopholes. I believe in you, you are a strong woman and will do what needs to be done for yourself and kids. While you are going through this divorce see about joining a good support group. I found sharing with other ladies in similar situation encouraging and validating. Take care. Know that you are not alone and I care and other survivors care too.

Splishsplash
      Participant

How do you get a non mol?
      How much is it?
      If he goes unemployed anytime soon could they still find him?

Serenity
      Participant

I got my non-mol through the National Centre for Domestic Violence 0800 970 2070

I only paid £100. They delivered it to him too.

They can send you the template and you can fill it in yourself for cheaper and deliver it to him, but I wanted their expertise and didn’t want to approach him, so paid them to do it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content