Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tired of this
      Participant

I am divorcing my verbally abusive and controlling husband. He was arrested and bailed but now that a (detail removed by moderator) have passed he’s just moved back saying we both own the house. We have children. I feel it’s such a setback as the police removed him from the home and I do not want him to move back. I stated this to him as we are divorcing. Is there anything I can do? Our case is still with the CPS and might go to court. I do not feel safe with him in the house and his abusive behaviours are still continuing now. Has anyone applied for an occupation order? Or experienced this? I’m not sure what to do next. Thanks.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Tired of this,

It sounds like you may be eligible for an Occupation Order, as you have mentioned in your post, it does not sound safe for him to reside with you at the property. It’s extremely intimidating and concerning that he has imposed himself on you in this way.

If you are able to safely do so, I’d suggest contacting DV Assist who can talk you through the process of making an application for an Occupation Order to have him removed from the home: https://www.dvassist.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

StrongLife
      Participant

Min did as well. Still did not let him in after him standing at front door insisting to come in For other reasons.

He lived elsewhere. I did not want him there and I was highly fearful. It was bad time.

Please take care of yourself and keep yourself safe. Your safety and your kids is paramount.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content