Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ConfusedAgain
      Participant

unless i pay for it but he has it on finance and if i give him some of the money then will it still be his?

I dunno if he is thrtening because, i’m not ‘behaving myself’ as in i am avoiding him after our arguement a few weeks ago and i am not begging him to stay….

the other day he also said he wants the mortgage in his name and i should sign it over to him??? we have a baby

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

First of all do not agree to pass any money over till you have a written agreement that if you cover instalments the car becomes yours and get a witness to sign letter too, also contact company direct if any arrangement can be made to have transfer to your name and u will be come responsible for car and payment, he may just have to sign to agree transfer, otherwise could u look at a second hand car to buy on finance.

As for the house being on your name, leave it that way , NOT SURE IF YOU TWO ARE Married, you can deal with that after having advise from legal solciitors, he may be entitled to a share but no way is his namee been added on so he can mess your credit and throw u out after moving in himself

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

Hiya
      im getting the silent treatment, and it used to get me in a right mess but with counselling i am getting stronger,

i think he is going to blackmail me , both our names are on the mortgage, we are not married.

I said if i buy it i want the car in my name and he said that he is paying for the mortgage so he wants it in his name, He tried to get me to go to the council lastweek with bubs, how can you do that to your son?

I’m not going anywhere but the situation right now sucks xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

there is a lot involved in changing the title deeds of your property from both names to single name; timely and costly too and i think a solicitor would struggle to act for you both in that situation. They could well recommend you each have your own solicitor, even if you did get that far; stay strong but make sure you and bubs stay safe at all times.

I didn’t understand what you meant when you said he tried to get you to go to the council with bubs?

warmest wishes ks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content