Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jsscollie
      Participant

He left (detail removed by moderator) he’s come back and pleaded his case. Then said he’d give me space to think. Now he’s back again and won’t stop talking. He says I’m not listening and carries on talking. What do I do? Someone please tell me before I go crazy

I think that you need to say to him that you need a good deal of time apart to be able to think properly, not rushed into seeing him and then saying things that you are not clear about. This period of separation will give both of you time to evaluate things without being sidetracked and biased by other other person.

KIP.
      Participant

Leave the house and go somewhere else. Change the locks when he next leaves. This is the time in the past when you have given in. When he realises you won’t back down, things will get nasty.

jsscollie
      Participant

Thanks for your advice. He has finally agreed to a divorce. I know this is only the first step but I wouldn’t have been able to hang on so long without these forums for support when I’ve felt like I’m going mad.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content