Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Scaredandlonely
      Participant

So the husband travelled a long way to a family member to leave a thinly veiled threat that his solicitor said i am playing a dangerous game…im confused, how is leaving someone who made me and my kids miserable dangerous??? Should i have just stayed so as not to upset his happiness and live under his control??? Is it bad that i freed us?? I think its ridiculous hes now contacting my family as i havnt contacted his at all. So still the control continues. I feel sick.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs

As you will already know in their eyes they do no wrong. But we know them for what they are.

Get your relative to write down what he said date and times. This gives evidence of continued abuse.

You have done the right thing stay strong you will get there in the end.

FS xx

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Am i right to stay silent regarding him txting me? I want zero contact with him. I reckon thats why he visited my family cause i wont repky to txts and he knows if he sent me that via text id use it against him. He even tried to tell the cops the night i left him that he is the one who is scared, i couldnt believe it!! He is twisting everything and acting like the wronged man when i was the one driven to leave my home in the night with my kids. Now hes contacting my family to continue to try and scare me.

Falling Skys
      Participant

If he texts you and you dont reply, its abuse, if you answer its look on as a conversation, argument. Keep them but don’t answer it. Are the police involved? I would suggest that you make them aware of what he’s doing. If your friends and family feel intimated get them to speak with the police as well.

Speak with Womans Aid they can give great advice.

I’m the b***h from hell in his eye’s, but he won’t let me go till the house sales. I sleep with a door braise.

FS

kitty
      Participant

you can apply for a non molestation order to stop all contact

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

So im in the wrong no matter what i do re texts? Yet hes ok to continually txt me and now visit my family? A letter from my solicitor is on its way to him stating i want zero contact, not sure if hes got it yet.

Falling Skys
      Participant

No if you don’t answer it counts as abuse and the police can do some thing about it.

Sad to say you need to be one step ahead of the game. As time goes on I find out more. At the moment he is making mistakes which helps you make a case.

You can only get a non molestation order within 10 days of him assaulting you.

I talk to as many organisation as possible learn your rights it gives you power. Sadly for me by the time I got that far he stayed within the law, but if I did it sooner I wouldn’t be stuck in the position I’m in.

Re the letter from your solicitor ring them Monday and find out where it is in the system.

I keep a diary of what he does more to stop me self doubting but if needs be it also shows continued abuse.

FS xx

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Ahh right i understand now, id read it wrong sorry hon. So would him telling my relative what his solicitor said knowing itd get back to me be classed as abuse too? Its made me a bag of nerves wondering if ive made a mistake by leaving him

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

Who’s to say his solicitor has said anything at all? If they had any constructive information to share with you, it would have been in writing.
      It’s another form of intimidation.
      In addition, you have set boundaries and he has totally ignored and disrespected them by turning up at your families house.
      It’s not you x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Yes I would say he using all means to keep you on hyperalert.

It’s easier said than done but try not to let it get to you.

Any doubts you have about his behaviour post on here someone will answer and support you.

FS xx

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Walker, thats what my relative said, he could be bluffing to scare me, however there could be a letter in the post, but ive spoken to my solicitor and i havnt felt the need to inform his family about what was said, probably cause i have no interest or desire to get his attention or play silly mind games. It was my relatives (detail removed by Moderator) he came to, he mustve been to the house first and saw nobody was in, he was also asking where i am, he wasnt told.
      FS, Hes probably realised now that its real as its been (detail removed by Moderator) days and ive not been in touch and also i blocked his access to my bank account, he wont like that as he treated my money like it was his. Id say my doing that has peed him right off. Xx

Confused123
      Participant

HI HUn

These men play so many mind games, u doing well for keeping zero contact and u did nothing wrong in wanting peace for yourself and the kids. Continue with the zero contact, ignore him totally, block him if u can on phone and all social media. LOg all his behaviour to police, make it clear to the police u want zero contact and he is still harrassing u via text and indirect messages to family members, polcie will keep loggin, then after a while they issue warning to him to make no contact , if he pursues a harrassment ordr will be issued. They give out so much rubbish, i bet its a bluff dont fall for it, his trying to show his authority, and trying to regain control. U r doing brill

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Will the police not think im wasting their time? The txts arent threatening, hes too smart for that, thats why he verbally told my relative about my so called dangerous game rather than txt me. He knows this will set my anxiety off hugely as he knows i worry about everything. Again, hes getting to me even tho ive left him. I wonder if ill ever be free

Falling Skys
      Participant

No they won’t ring 101 the non emergency number explain what’s been going on. They will either get someone out to you or get the safeguard team to contact you.

I can only say that I have been treated with kindness and was never made to feel like I was wasting their time. Though because of what he been doing their hands are tied they have help me get strategies in place.

My thing is to log everything so if he does do something ott there is a pathway proving its not a one off.

Also if you haven’t done so already speak to your local woman aid group they with five you support.

Don’t keep quiet anymore our silence gives them strength.

FS xx

Dear Scaredandlonely, you certainly havn’t made a mistake in leaving him, you did the absolutely the right thing. Unfortunatly you are now having to deal with the fallout, but all will be ok, this just needs working through. I believe 100% no contact with him and all people associated with him. If messages are getting through to you about things that he has said, can you ask the people telling you these things not to tell you? Try not to get too upset about this, he is using every trick in the book to try to get inside your head. You are doing so well now. I think that it would help you to read No Contact by HG Tudor, it might give you some tips on how to deal with this latest episode. Stay strong have a good day today if you can. X*X

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

I never thought of 101 if he msgs or anything again ill call them. Im seeing my WA lady tomorrow so ill let her know. He even has got ppl to try to add me on fb, i blocked them and i dont speak to any of his family and wont be either. Im gona have to ask my family not to pass on any msgs as it has upset me, they didnt intend to, they thought they ought to tell me, but it is his way of safely making threats to me but without me having proof. Hes so sly it creeps me out. Hes gona try and make my life hell forever i reckon as he is so angry that i actually walked. He never thought i would.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,just catching up on your thread. He is going to do whatever he can to provoke a reaction. Ignore it but keep any texts etc for evidence of harassment further down the line if you need it. You have done so well in such a short space of time he is probably just realising how serious you are x

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Yea he probably is. He thought he had me where he wanted me, sat in the house all day with nowhere to go while he had all the freedom he wanted, he thought i was well and truly trapped, now hes furious and likely shocked that i left finally. How dare i ruin his idea of a ‘good marriage’ by leaving.

Please dont forget that this is one of the most dangerous times for women, when they leave. You need to stay on your guard.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good on you for remaining so strong but like HA says just stay aware. He may ramp things up x

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

I know 😞

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Dear Scared
      I am going through similar but I’ve been no contact.
      He tries to use family to scare me and says what his family and friends allegedly think of me.
      Recently we’ve had email only contact but he is playing mind games in writing now which is good for evidence but hurting me so I’m going to ignore now.
      He’s so desperate to talk to me to get in my head again he is making up ways to try and make me have contact. I’m actually laughing at how desperate he is to control me again.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I am worried what he will try, how far he’ll push it.

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Omg that sounds like the husband! Yesterday he was making veiled threats then today he sends a txt saying he loves me! Seriously trying to mess with my head. I was dying to txt back asking if he loved me then why say what he said yesterday, but i decided not to as he wont tell the truth (he physically cant tell the truth about anything) and also i dont want to engage in that again as that was always his way of getting me back onside. Hed be nasty then all loving the next day, its become a cycle and now that i finally broke free theres no way im falling for that cr*p again.

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Thats a good way to describe them. Desperate.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content