Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So I was diagnosed last year with
      Ptsd .I have so many issues with my health

Bladder incontinence..muscle weaknesses..pains in my neck .. hypervigilance..

Please tell me it gets better

I feel so dirty with my bladder issues

Tiffany
      Participant

Iamfree,

Health problems are devastating. I had an underlying chronic health issue when I met my abuser. He made it worse. For maybe the first month after I left it was so much better. Then I started getting flashbacks and processing memories of what happened and my health crashed again. I’m now giving up work and going back to my parents house to try and recover. I am trying to see it as a deserved holiday after all I have been through. Isn’t easy though. I am periodically plagued with the feeling of being a failure.

I have faith that things will get better though. I think they will for you too. PTSD is pretty treatable, although the therapy can be unpleasant. But you survived the abuse so you are strong enough to work through the aftermath too.

Good luck!
      Tiffany

Ayanna
      Participant

Do sphincter muscle training. It improves the bladder issues.
      Abuse leaves us sick and broken.
      I try a lot to reclaim my health. It is a very slow and sluggish process.
      Do not give up and search for what you can try out to help yourself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content