Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

My beautiful baby boy stood around me with his loving arms wrapped tightly over me and said ill save you mummy, ive not let my husband see me cry in a long time but this time i could not stop it

Liquorice
      Participant

Such a failiure,cant even protect my baby.

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the police or social services or women’s aid. They can help protect you and your baby. There is help out there. There are places in women’s aid refuges. Don’t let your child be tainted by abuse. Ring the helpline number on here. Even your child knows it’s wrong. You are not a failure. You are a victim of abuse x

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

Please listen to Kip. Contact WA and police. Think of your baby growing up believing abuse is normal, I know it’s hard to leave and hard being alone but you both deserve love, peace and respect . Big hugs

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Liquorice, you are not a failure honey. There’s only so much we can do to hide this from our children. Take strength from your little one and get the two of you to safety. Sometimes we just need a wake up call. We pretend things aren’t so bad, but we know they are really. They break us down so we feel we can’t leave, can’t manage without them. It’s all lies to keep us trapped. Even if we lack the courage to leave or convince ourselves it’s not that bad, we Are strong, we have survived everything they throw at us. Reach out for help. It’s scary, but no one can help if you don’t ask. They will believe you, will support you. Give your little one and yourself the best Christmas present ever Freedom! You both deserve to be happy. You can save each other, draw your strength from your amazing child and phone the helpline for help and advice. The longest, hardest journeys all start with a single step. You can do this. You’ve already taken a step, you’re posting on here getting support. So keep going, keep taking one more step on your road to freedom. 2018 can be your year. If I can do this journey to freedom, so can you, just like all the amazing and brave ladies on here. United we will succeed and free ourselves. Good luck, you can do this, just phone the helpline and they will support you, as will the wonderful ladies on here

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

Well said Freedomfighter!

Liquorice
      Participant

I cant,i cant call anyone. Nobody can help anyway,he will just say its all me. Ive tried this before,telling people doesnt help it just makes me sick with worry about what they may do like take my baby away from me or i could loose my job. Im no good and nobody wants to listen to me.

Liquorice
      Participant

Sorry

Tiffany
      Participant

We all understand how hard this is, but your child is at far greater risk of being taken away from you in an abusive home than if you leave. Can you collect evidence that you are being abused? Record him on your phone if he is verbally abusive, take photos of bruises, report it to your GP? And try to call women’s aid if you can. They can give you advice without taking your details if you are not ready for that yet. You might also be able to go into a drop in centre if there is one near you, if that is easier than phoning.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content