Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello
      I’m new here & not sure where to start ?. Can anyone help ?
      Thanks

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello and welcome. Don’t worry it’s a lovely supportive group on here so feel free to write whatever you want to. Some people ask questions, others just get things off their chest. Are you still living with your partner/family whoever is causing you the challenges?

Hello
        Thanks so much for your message, really appreciate it. No I’m not living with my ex , the perpetrator. He we were together for (detail removed by Moderator) years, lived together for (detail removed by Moderator) , he instigated me leaving my job, at the time I thought it was caring. Being isolated, last year I stated to read in depth about emotional/psychological abuse. I was utterly devastated & told him about it. He said he would go anger management & counselling & then there’s nothing wrong with him it “”us”. Then crying he’s sorry, you know the story, it’s text book. This year I suggested couples counselling to receive “I’le think about it, then counselling isn’t going sort this f***ing s**t, then yes, I knew by that time he would never change, I emailed the therapist & told him about the abuse & I wanted to tell him some of his abusive ways to the therapist while he is present. (detail removed by Moderator) later i ended the relationship & told him about the couples counselling & the reason I went.The next day He rang the police & got me removed in my pyjamas & made me homeless. He knew I had no job no money & nowhere to live, he told them to take me to my daughters, there was nowhere to sleep & had sleep on her settee. (Detail removed by Moderator).

I have no friends & no support

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi my lovely

You start wherever you feel comfortable.

Some people talk about how their relationship started and how it has morphed into an abusive relationship over time, others talk about a recent event that made them understand that they were in an abusive relationship. Some say how they found their way to the forum. Some ask specific questions as Banaboat said. Anything goes really.

Try not to be specific. E.g If you say that you have been in your relationship for x number of years, the moderator will edit it out. This is to prevent anyone identifying you.

This is an open, sharing and non judgemental community of women who will understand you in a way that others might not. Welcome to your new sanctuary. xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi myheadandmyheartarenowsafe,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. As our lovely forum users have said above, you can tell us a little about your situation and how you’re feeling now. There’s never any pressure to reply, it’s totally at your pace and in your control. If you want to reply to the individual replies you’ve received above, you can click on the ‘REPLY’ tab above each box, or you can just type a response in the bottom box.

I hope you find the forum a helpful place to be,

Lisa

Thanks so much for your message, really appreciate it. No I’m not living with my ex , the perpetrator. He we were together for (detail removed by Moderator)  years, lived together for (detail removed by Moderator) , he instigated me leaving my job, at the time I thought it was caring. Being isolated, last year I stated to read in depth about emotional/psychological abuse. I was utterly devastated & told him about it. He said he would go anger management & counselling & then there’s nothing wrong with him it “”us”. Then crying he’s sorry, you know the story, it’s text book. This year I suggested couples counselling to receive “I’le think about it, then counselling isn’t going sort this f***ing s**t, then yes, I knew by that time he would never change, I emailed the therapist & told him about the abuse & I wanted to tell him some of his abusive ways to the therapist while he is present. (detail removed by Moderator) later i ended the relationship & told him about the couples counselling & the reason I went.The next day He rang the police & got me removed in my pyjamas & made me homeless. He knew I had no job no money & nowhere to live, he told them to take me to my daughters, there was nowhere to sleep & had sleep on her settee. (Detail removed by Moderator)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content