Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Primroseyellow
      Participant

Hi,

Have decided ‘enough’ family situation complicated by disability/caring roles. I’ve managed to flag to relevant professionals but now have to wait for certain things out of my control to be sorted before things can move on. Am feeling quite powerless. Husband has agreed to separate, but we are both stuck until arrangements are made, meanwhile all the abuse carries on. I got an assessment ‘medium’ they said… whatever that actually means. He’s not violent but there have been times that his actions have caused me to be hurt by the challenging behaviour of our child. I get hurt by the child often but they are learning disabled so not classed as ‘abuse’. I am.isolated from people I can talk to added to which not many people understand the learning disability/caring aspects.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Primroseyellow,

I can see you have had a reply to your other post but I wanted to welcome you to the Forum. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you find the Forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand what you are going through.

Well done for reaching out to professionals for support. It is clear you are a great mum prioritising your children. Please keep posting on here when you can to let us know how you are doing. There is a lot of support from other Survivors and it can really help to offload your thoughts here.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Primroseyellow
      Participant

Thank you. I heard from two places today that my sw has been talking to them. Good to know that she’s pushing things in the background.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content