Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Slipper
      Participant

Hi

I am new to the forum. I have had years of control, physical and sexual abuse but I am pleased to say I have been free of it for (detail removed by Moderator) months. I am getting better but it is a very slow process isn’t it? Still lots of bad days but plenty of good ones now too. How has everyone got on with getting counselling for PTSD as that is what I am waiting on and seem to have been waiting for ages.

Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I had to pay privately to get me through a really bad stage. I was waiting so long. The Body Keeps The Score is a good book about trauma. I eventually found a local charity that provided free trauma therapy so see if there is something in your area. Your local women’s aid might have some more information or your MPs office. Well done for getting out. We move on from these men but sadly the trauma they leave us with takes so much longer to heal x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content