• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      HaPea
      Participant

I’m new. Still stuck in the am I aren’t I how do I leave phase of my marriage. Looking for peoples experiences of how to break free. Without having a man threaten to drag me through court.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello HaPea,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing this and I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through.

I’m sure lots of women here will be able to share advice and their experiences with you.

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you’re doing.

Lisa

StrongLife
      Participant

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I understand the threats and courts and threats they make up to. I had many many threats of divorce over everything. Some at particularly horrible times when he should have been supportive instead.

I ended up getting the number of local support line. Asked 2 friends(did not help out) and neighbours. The support line helped me most as they had local knowledge and local advice and experience in what people need at that time.

HaPea
      Participant

More often than not it’s me threatening divorce. I don’t want to be here. He guilts me making me feel like I’m over reacting if I say about divorce and leaving.

Stitchears10
      Participant

Hello, I am in the same position and have started this week making plans to leave. No advice to provide because I’m at the start too but wanted to say Hi and I know how you’re feeling right now x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think it’s hard to give much advice about how to leave as everyone’s situation is different , some seem to plan and others have to just leave there and then . I got to a point were I didn’t care about the threats I’d heard them so many times .in my mind he couldn’t cause any more damage than he already had. Tc and be safe

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content