Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve been in a refuge for quite a while, and am just about to move into my own place. Feeling really nervous, especially as I have to move into somewhere without any furniture or carpets. Not sure how I can take my lo into such an environment.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi freedoms

What an exciting and scary time for you, can’t wait to I can post saying I getting my own front door.

Focus on what you will have, your own place where you will be safe, you will be able to have who you want in, you can do what you want and make your own boundary rules.

Furniture and carpets will come, where we live there is a place that collect furniture to give to people that can’t afford to buy, also a local freebay where you can get things.

I’m sure the refuse will know what in your area

Good luck and do keep us posted xx

Tamra
      Participant

Hi Freedoms

I just want to wish you all the best and like Falling Skys said there are places that can help and shes right you can have in who you want and set your own boundaries. I didnt move from a refuge but I did move out of my home I shared with my ex to my own rented place. It is hard getting stuff but it will happen.

Live up to your name and when you get settled enjoy your freedom

Keep posting
      xx

Daisy
      Participant

Google your council area for your new home plus emergency payment or household goods,
      New home, new year,
      Well done and welcome freedoms
      X x x

foggyhere
      Participant

Hi Freedoms

You amazing lady!! You’ve got this far, you will definitely be able to sort this. And remember, the most important thing for your lo is being in a safe environment with a parent that loves him/her. And you’ve done that in circumstances I can’t even imagine going through, and people say I’m strong.

I’ve needed to kit out a nursery for a new baby without any money before, and trust me it’s possible to do that and furnish any other room. I got all her stuff from free cycle – I even got her first Christmas presents on there. If you keep your eyes peeled – sometimes people buy things and then change their mind and can’t be bothered to sell them. It takes time, but it’s doable.

Funnily enough I was telling my best friend yesterday there was no way her dining room chairs should go to the tip because they are perfectly usable.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there everyone. Thanks for getting back to me. I’m going to try and get my head around free cycle. I’ve got an application into the council for help getting some furniture.
      I’m really excited about having a brand new start for the new year. It’s going to be nice that my lo can finally invite friends over.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content