Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      beachhut
      Participant

Hello ladies,

I am new, and I got out a few weeks back, didn’t realise it would be so lonely, have read lots of your posts, and can see myself in so many of them having a bad day and feeling sorry for myself at the moment. Will write again when not so sad.

Take care all Xx

Ps. Am I doing this right?

KIP.
      Participant

Hi and welcome, yes you’re doing it right. Just wanted to say I’ve been where you are and it’s a rollercoaster ride to recovering from abuse but you will get there 💕 just be very kind to yourself. You still have to grieve for the relationship and future you thought you had. Our lives revolve totally around our abuser so when we split from them the void seems huge but you will fill that voice with lovely new experiences. You just need to heal first x

KIP.
      Participant

Have a read of Living With The Dominator and use a third party for communication. You absolutely do not need to stay in touch with him directly. Contact is toxic for us. But gives them power x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Beachhut, welcome to the forum,
      I had to laugh at Where do they come from, so you can send them all back 😄 don’t we all wish to do that. They come from a sense of entitlement, they believe they are entitled to abuse us.
      Another book you can read is Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft.

Please do cut contact for your own safety and sanity, let the house sale run through your solicitors. Block him on all platforms, go No Contact. This will help you move forward, without his manipulations messing with your mind.

Take it step by step, take good care of yourself and keep on posting here whenever you need, it helps to share how you feel so you won’t feel alone in your recovery 💕

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi again Beachnut. I’ve thanked you for your reply to mine on another post without realising your new here. Welcome from me too! Yes, loneliness is part of our journey and understood here. If your feeling lonely come to the forum it helps! And you hopefully you’ll soon have lots of company through replies. See you again next time x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content