Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jubbly101
      Participant

I’m brand new here and I have never done anything like this before. I have only just began to admit what the father of my child has done to me throughout the duration of our relationship. Trying to escape from someone who is controlling and manipulating really is the hardest thing in the world and something no one prepares you for. It’s like you’re constantly feeling trapped and suffocated and the most frustrating aspect is I know exactly what he’s doing to me but I don’t have the mental strength to stay away from him. We have a child together and I wanted to keep things amicable, however, the longer this goes on the more I’m realising that isn’t going to be possible. Where do I find the mental strength to do this? How do they manage to work their way into your head to make you feel like you’re the controlling one or you’re the one that just wants to argue all the time. Someone, please say it gets better, that it isn’t as scary as it feels, that it isn’t as lonely as it feels.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hi there @Jubbly101 and welcome!
      We were all new here once and each and every one of us knows how terrifying it is firstly to admit that we are in an abusive relationship and secondly to see it in black and white in front of us.
      Are you still in a relationship with this man – do you live together?
      The Wise Ones of the forum will be along soon, but I just wanted to say Well Done for taking the huge step of reaching out.
      LB 💕💕

Mum2
      Participant

Hi there Jubbly101,
      I am in the exact same position as you are at the moment, I am currently trying to find somewhere else to live for me and my son and it has taken me a very long time to get here, I know what I’m doing is the right thing but it is also the scariest thing that I think I have ever had to do, I know you feel like you are alone but you’re not, there will always be someone here for you to talk to, I am new to this forum aswell, so if you ever want to chat then please don’t hesitate to message me xxxx

Jubbly101
      Participant

Hey,

Thank you for your replies. I am currently still under the same roof as him but he is meant to be moving out. However, I don’t think moving out will mean he accepts our relationship is over. He is very good at convincing people he believes it’s over but really he doesn’t. He always manages to convince me that he’s not controlling and that I’m wrong for thinking he is. I think I will have to apply for a non-molestation order but I really didn’t want that for our child. I wanted him to be able to accept our relationship is over and that he doesn’t get a say on my life but it just doesn’t seem to be going in his brain. I feel like it will never end, that I will never be able to get on with my life by myself.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content