Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Free@lastxx
      Participant

I dont no if I’m posting in the tight place but for years now iv felt my dad control my life hes taken over my finances had be believe I was being abused by my parter courses any of my relationships to brake down I’m frightened of him as he used to pull my pants down and snack me as a child using slippers wooden spoons and his hands and (detail removed by moderator) to intimidate me. Hes took money off me and controlling of my mum who has been with him since (detail removed by moderator). I’m so lost and frightened he come round my house several a day checks with my daughter where I am what I’m doing. I just cant take anymore he lives so close to me and I feel trapped like I cant live any kind of life. Also i was sexually abused as a child by my brother. Now me and my parter have split hes getting worse and I feel like I cant go on.

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the national domestic abuse helpline or your local women’s aid for advice. You do not have to allow him in your home. Can you block him on your phone and social media. Can you tell him not to come to your home. You could speak to the police for advice too. Financial abuse is a crime. Have you told anyone? Your GP would be a good start as they can arrange some counselling. Not sure what age your daughter is but if she’s old enough to tell him it’s none of his business where you are. Set boundaries and stick to them. Have you ever had any counselling for the sexual abuse or controlling behaviour from your father? Abuse thrives on silence and there is lots of help out there. Victim Support have a helpline as do rape crisis. You can talk anonymously so please try these organisations in the meantime x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I would call the police and report him for harassment. He won’t stop even if you tell him. Seek support. Take back ownership of your finances. Open up a new account where he’s no access and never give him access. Close down the old one so he can’t run it into over draft for you.
      Consider moving as long term solution, creating physical distance.
      Go no contact with him to regain space for yourself. He is totally harassing you.
      Block him everywhere.

Free@lastxx
      Participant

Thank u so much I feel so horrible he made me stitch my partner up taking small arguments and making me believe I was abused by him? To the point where this ended up with the police and now hes ruined my future with him I’m so devasted and I’m going to tell the police the full situation I cant cope…my phone is forever beeping or hes at the door o need help badly…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content