Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

My last relationship was abusive, which included financial control. I’ve been in my current relationship for (detail removed by Moderator). Everything has been good. Until recently we both sort of shared my bank account. My partner had to get his own account as his employer would not pay into my account. We agreed that my account would be used for the bills as there was just enough in to cover them until my next student loan payment. However, I’ve just found out that he took my card and used it to buy stuff from the supermarket. I had asked him not to use my card. I asked him how he had paid for the stuff and he was honest with me that he had used my card. However when I checked my bank, he had been using it for weeks without asking me. I went mad with him. Now he says I’m over reacting. Am I reading too much into this because of past abuse? Everything else in our relationship is good, with no issues.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

No I don’t think you over reacted, you told him outright not to use and he did and more than once, if you hadn’t of noticed I believe he would of continued.

Take note of these warning signs abuse start slowly.

FS x

KIP.
      Participant

That’s clear financial abuse and probably theft. How dare he do that. You are not over reacting at all. It shows a clear lack of respect. How can you ever trust someone who does that. Then tries to tell you that you are over reacting. How do,you think it would be if you spent his money when he told you not to. Huge red flags here.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content