Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Fractured Rainbow
      Participant

Hi I’m at my wits end here.

(detail removed by moderator) I didn’t understand why because we’d put in place a pattern of access (detail removed by moderator). I have struggled with this and I raised my concerns (detail removed by moderator). All I’m told is I have to make my child (age removed by moderator) go. He is demanding it start  (detail removed by moderator)and is delighting in telling me he has a court order. My child is point blank refusing, saying they will sit on the floor and not leave our home. They have talked on the phone and by text, it gets very heated and they have told him they hate him, they won’t go, tried to compromise but no, he is just saying he’ll be there to collect and to be ready. My child is not a stroppy child and will normally be encouraged to go to things they don’t want to go to. On this they are adamant. I believe when he comes tonight that it will get heated. I will not manhandle my child to his car, nor allow him to. So what do I do? The place they are going is still a few hours away and if I do persuade them to go I’m concerned they will be subjected to anger and psychological abuse on the journey. He’s very slippery. My child is so anxious over this. Crying all weekend,every evening and morning. Sleep walking. My friend is concerned about how he could react later so is coming for support. I’ve also installed a security camera as a deterrent to his anger/temper. I know my child is not going to go -angry, hurt and scared. I suggested compromises and the response is “it’s too late now” This is all control on his part. What do I do????

fizzylem
      Participant

Oh FR, this sounds dreadful. I hear you, as a mum I wouldn’t want to send, I’d go back to court. Can you get evidence of your child’s distress? It’s like we need the help of the professionals dont we but they seem to be so pro dad atm that the child’s distress is often now viewed as the mother’s anxieties wearing off on the child – it’s utter madness. I’m looking frward to a time when my child can choose for herself and both parents have to roll with this. Let us know how you got on. I totally get the pressure and distress this causes you x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content