Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Firefly
      Participant

So how he left but divorce still not over with so moving back after Christmas for (Detail removed by Moderator) months. I cant afford court order. Don’t know what to do.

KIP.
      Participant

Ring Rights for Women. Change the locks. It’s easier to keep him out than get him out. You can get a non molestation order without much cost. Get your local women’s aid to assist. You need statements and get your GP to back you up. I’ve heard about this happening a lot. Women and children then being made homeless when their abuser simply returns. An occupation order is another route. Abusers are liars. I don’t think he will move out after (Detail removed by Moderator) months. Is just his way of getting his foot back in the door. What would be the point in moving in for (Detail removed by Moderator) months. He could simply rent a room or stay with friends or family. This is his bid to take control. Ring 101 and speak to a domestic abuse officer. They may give you advice about his right to return. Make a stand now. Reach out for help now. Tell them you fear for your safety. Emphasise how dangerous he is to you. If you go zero c9ntact before he moves back and he persists in contact then that’s harrassment and that will help you get a non molestation order.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi firefly
      Phone help line and also rights of women for advice.
      Does him moving back make you feel at risk for your safety or safety of others at home? If so did you ever phone police previously? If you did maybe contact local domestic abuse team in police and discuss with them.
      Is it possible it may all be big bluff by him to freak you out? It wouldn’t be the first time an abuser had made threats to do something and not carry it through
      Big hugs x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content