Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

I saw my solicitor yesterday. She advised me to stop contributing half towards my mortgage because of the reasons I’ve left and my other half is living there while I have to live with my parents with my young baby.
      I told my ex this and he said that his solicitor had told him that if I do that he can get me forcibly removed from the mortgage and I won’t get any money from the house sale.
      I’ve been panicking since:/ has anyone got experience of this?
      I hate that I’m being advised by a solicitor but he still has a way of making me panic because I still believe him about things above everyonelse.

KIP.
      Participant

You need to have a mantra and that is ‘he is a liar’. Believe nothing. Your solicitor has told you to your face and she has been at university and studied law for at least five years. The law is based on fairness and it’s certainly not fair that you’re paying for a home that you can not and are not living in. Let the solicitor deal with that side of things. That’s what you’re paying her for. Zero direct contact is how you heal from his voice superseding everyone else’s. He’s brainwashed you and you need to rewire your brain and have confidence in yourself. Only a court can forceably remove you from the mortgage and I doubt your ex will want a court to hear about his behaviour. Is there much equity in the home? Would it be worth just taking your name off the mortgage?

IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

Thankyou! It’s so hard because as soon as he says something, I find myself believing him above any of the professionals which I know must sound crazy!
      And yes, roughly (removed by moderator) to split between us and I feel I deserve half that money after paying my mortgage the last few years and I need it so me and my son can move on eventually x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content