Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      tobehappy
      Participant

Is there anyone who suffered parental alienation as a child who can help me. I’m sure my son’s dad is going down this path. How can I show my son I care and love him and always think about him? He’s (Detail removed by Moderator) x

determinedtobefree
      Participant

I have. Pm me if u want to talk.not sure I can be of much help tho

puzzledatlife
      Participant

I am going through the same. The difficulty for me is that the child is not my own but his so it is harder. What I have done is this. First tried to discuss with him and lots is on record on email and WhatsApp chats. Some voice messages with the child chats with him etc.
      Then I applied for mediation. He didn’t show up and so escalated to the courts. At that point cafcass was involved and they looked at the evidence I had. They are very skilled. So even if I am not a parent I was listened to and it became clear that my only concern are the kids. Things I showed and played to them didn’t sound right to them. I can’t discuss the case here but the point is alienation is a very common thing sadly. I don’t know whether our exes realise consciously that they are doing it or how much damage it creates for the kids. Kids hold a process of rejection as their own but eventually they see through. My advice is to act quickly before that point happens when the child holds the rejection of their own, before reality is redescribed for them. Act quick. I found mediation and courts very quick at acting. Within 2 weeks you get through. They handle cases of alienation every day. They see through. They can help protect the kid and yourself. I know what it feels like. It is horrendous but in my opinion kids need to be protected from this. The damages of alienation are very serious in the long term so I would say act quickly and seek help. Social services or mediation either are a good start.x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content