Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Feelinglikeafool
      Participant

Been trying to work for the past two weeks and can’t think to do anything. I’m self employed so can’t take sick leave and I have piles of work mounting up that I can’t do, my brain is just fuzz.

Pretty sure I have PTSD after so much stress and trauma. Accepting the fact that I was almost certainly sexually abused by him. And that everything was a lie. He’s on dating sites and carrying on as if nothing happened, I know he’ll never change or look at his own behaviour. He makes up illnesses to make people feel sorry for him, and I’ve been so ill this past few months I could have died a few times ( detail removed by moderator).

Do any of you have any advice/experience of PTSD treatment?

Wishing you all a good and powerful day x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Feelinglikeafool

I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling and how you’ve been so ill, it must be difficult having everything build up while still trying to work.

You could speak to Rape Crisis for some support if you haven’t already, they may be able to let you know about any local support services that offer counselling which is more specific to sexual abuse. You could also get in touch with your local domestic abuse service if you haven’t already; https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/

I really hope things start to get easier for you.

Take care and keep posting,

Lisa

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hello, I saw your post and hope your doing ok? I’m so sorry to read your feeling affected by PTSD, I identify with ptsd myself. I have been assessed as showing markers but had no follow up? This was just before the start of the world pandemic, when nothing else apart from Covid seemed to matter much after that I guess? Signposts to any help? For anything else? were removed it feels. The time delays, for getting help? getting on waiting lists? or for anyone getting treatment? now seems unfathomable? Whilst the world’s problems go on now. I now sort of reason with myself, I have lived with it since childhood I know, so, what difference does it make? I at least know what it is now that I have been suffering, it helps me make sense of my feelings now a bit. My trauma…It wasn’t caused from early sexual abuse, though, sadly that has been experienced and impacted in my adult life too. I guess that may well stem from unresolved traumatisation and low self esteem at times, I don’t doubt. I have got pretty good at analysis of my life. Anyway, I just wanted to help you if I can? I know that feeling of fuzzy head too, hense the name Hazydayz. I think it’s the minds way of trying to shut out the trauma. If you feel you have been sexually abused and feel violated? All I can offer is…I hope you can get help? I haven’t been successful. Maybe doors will open for you, I hope so. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content