Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Findingnemo
      Participant

Hey there,
      I have been lucky enough to have been granted housing by my local council and I’m awaiting a moving date. Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing furniture / white goods wise to take with me. Could anyone advise if there’s any charities I may be able to seek help from? Thank you !

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Findingnemo

Congratulations, that is great news.

Don’t worry about furnishings. You can get almost everything you need from Freecycle, Freegle and Trash Nothing.

You’ll need someone with a large car or a van to pick up larger items. I’ve practically furnished my house for free. I started off getting whatever I could just to tide me ovet. Now I’m gradually replacing all the horrible stuff as I see the good stuff come up.

Also, if you have friends, ask around. I got a whole set of brand new cutlery from one friend. She’d bought it, didn’t like it and stuck it in the attack.

The free sites have everything from almost new beds and working dishwashers, washing machines and fridge freezers to manky old bits of smashed pottery for crafting projects.

Good furniture can be also be found on Ebay and your local Facebook market place and it often goes for a song. Again, you do have to collect it.

If you have friends or relatives who can stick stuff in a spare room, garage or shed then start collecting now.

I feel excited for you. Go for it my lovely. xx

Findingnemo
      Participant

Thankyou Eggshells!
      I didn’t know about those sites so I’ll be sure to check them out, thank you so much.
      I’m excited but its very daunting at the same time! It’s just so reassuring to use this forum and get support from others who understand 😊

Eggshells
      Participant

It can be a little daunting; it’s natural to feel that way. Just take it one day at a time. You don’t have to do it all at once. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content