Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Some days I have this urge to report his illegal doings (as in actual criminal activities outside of our relationship) as a way for me to escape him because I don’t see any other way out. I don’t know if that sounds insane or anyone else ever thought this? But then I just think nothing will probably happen to him so what’s the point!

elmar
      Participant

Hey, Icantdothisanymore
      I have definitely experienced the same thing. I can definitely relate to having the thought of reporting him in order to escape him. I don’t know if this happens to you too, but I also feel a lot of guilt about thinking about contacting the police about the illegal activities he does. he’s threatened me many times not to betray him, and I feel extremely guilty even thinking about doing so, but also feel like I’m bending my morals by not speaking out about it. Since I’m currently in the same situation I’m afraid I can’t offer any advice, but I would like you to know that you’re not alone in this <3
      thinking about you, xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think I used to feel guilty but I’m just more scared nothing will happen because he gets away with everything! He always finds a way out…
      It’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one. I hope we can overcome this xx

elmar
      Participant

You’re not alone, xx

Cuppatea
      Participant

I think there’s a way to tell the police without actually mentioning yourself.

Perhaps record something or have the evidence sent to the police station. He can still get done but you won’t be included in it.

Make sure the evidence is worth something. Video. Audio recording. Any proof of illegal activities.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’m only a witness at this point. I have no hard evidence. The main thing has already been done and currently also still on-going. I don’t think I can have any proof. I just know what happened and who was involved.

Katz
      Participant

I’m not exactly in the same situation because he committed fraud within (detail removed by Moderator) of us separating. He basically showed his true colours after I decided to leave him but because I had (detail removed by Moderator) evidence the police arrested and charged him for fraudulence within a matter of (detail removed by Moderator).
      I was contemplating for ages too, feeling guilty whether it was the right thing to do but when something is illegal it should be reported and when police have hard evidence they won’t be able to get out of it.
      It makes me think what else he’s been up to behind my back. The police were very supportive.
      I hope everything works out for you 🙏

Katz
      Participant

I forgot to mention when he was arrested etc I was afraid of my safety and what he would do if he found out that I went to the police. The police got a restraining order put in place.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content