Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Catjam
      Participant

I have the keys to my new home. But he doesn’t know though. He has started coming home from work at random times especially on my day off and I have seen him drive past work. I had an important event yesterday and instead of ringing me and just leaving a message wishing me good luck. He rang my mobile and then the house phone several times until I finally answered. He firstly complained about my not answering, then wished me luck before needing to know where I was. I didn’t tell him I just asked if he needed me to do something. He then got stroppy and hung up.
      Today I decided to park away from work so if he drove past he wouldn’t see my car. He drove past twice then eventually he rang my phone. I didn’t answer so he rang again. Then not getting an answer he actually rang work. He turned up claiming he felt really ill. He has spent the whole evening clearly trying to make me realise how ill he is.
      Even now as I type this he is trying his hardest to see what I am doing.
      Quite sad really.

Justice Candle
      Participant

Hi there! I found the only way to get my power back, is to never answer him. My ex stalked me for years. Put a barrier up: he needs your reaction and wants to continue to live in your head. Every minute you think about him, he is happy as he wants to continue to be at the core of your life. You can so do this!

ISOPeace
      Participant

He probably senses something is up and is trying to grab more control. You sound so strong and I’m so glad you’re not getting sucked into it. You’re so close to freedom. You’ve got this! Xxxxx

KIP.
      Participant

Start keeping a journal and keep the texts and call record. Once you leave his stalking will escalate and that’s when you need evidence of a pattern of behaviour. I’d text him already to ask him to not contact you as you find it distressing and intimidating. Get a new number ready for when you leave. These men sense when they’re losing control and that’s when they’re dangerous x stay safe x

Catjam
      Participant

Thanks. It’s daunting and something I am dreading. It’s the logic behind his thinking, How he comes up with plausible reasons why he needs to talk to me. Luckily my boss knows the situation and says he will do what he can to help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content