Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Doglover99
      Participant

Things are brewing with my husband. He’s not speaking to me, ignores me when he walks in and has just announced he’s going out. He’s gone somewhere. Didn’t even say bye. This is what he does when he gets angry. God only knows what mood he’s going to be when he gets back. I’m going to have to try and enjoy my evening alone without being too apprehensive about him coming back.

My son is staying at a friend’s yet again. I do hope this pattern changes when we get out own place. I know he’s a teenager and wants to have some freedom but the lads he hangs out with at the moment are no good for him, they are older and into all sorts. But he hates being at home so I can understand why he’s out all the time.

Fingers crossed my husband will go straight to bed when he comes back and doesn’t kick off. Best be near a phone tonight in case he turns nasty. I can’t wait not to have to deal with stuff like this. It’s not normal and nobody should be made to feel like this.

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Doglover – yes you bring it all back to me……
      The not talking, ignoring you, silet treatment, nasty evil stares, stoning in and out of rooms, slamming doors, I never knew he it would go….sometimes he would go from silent and suddenly erupt in to a full scale blazing row….
      The dreading there return, never knowing if they had calmed down and it was all over or would it turn in to a major argument…..

I was very rarely left on my own with him, my daughter wouldn’t go out with friends, always wanted to be there to try and protect me from him – no child should have to live like that……

I can well remember hoping he would come home and go right to bed, and carry on the silent treatment, or sometimes I’d be in bed pretending to sleep to avoid confrontation. Oh yes brings it all back….

But just you wait before long you will no longer be having to live in fear and dread of his moods. Not long now and you too will be FREE!!!!!! 🙂 ♥ 🙂

Take care – be safe – let us know how you are if you can. x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Stay safe x

mixed-up mum
      Participant

We did not hear from you Doglover, hope you are OK?

Doglover99
      Participant

Hi, I’m ok thanks. He stayed out for a few hours and came back saying nothing. My son came back home in the end, he was hungry, so it was him and me for a few hours and oh what a stress-free few hours it was too. I actually noticed it and it made me smile, I was thinking not long now and it’s going be like this every night. Then he came back and the atmosphere changed instantly. He didn’t kick off though so that was good.

He had a go at me today though, asking why I don’t want to do anything with him any more. It’s going to be so hard to keep this going for another three weeks. I did think about finding somewhere to stay for the next few weeks until we get the flat but I don’t have anywhere so I’ll keep things as normal as possible.

I took a whole car load of stuff to my friend’s garage. I think I underestimated just how much stuff I have. Well at least I’ve made a start.

Hope you all have had a peaceful weekend.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content