Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Invisible
      Participant

I’m still shaking.
      I don’t even know what I did to set him off.
      He’s demanding I pay him 50k. For living expenses for the last x years.
      He’s screaming and swearing at me.
      He didn’t hit me tho. But my whole body is jelly.
      I keep quiet.

Is this my life forever? Nobody knows, nobody can help me.
      I feel so low.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

He’s expressing his dominance, nothing you’ve done, just who he is.

Now we know and its brave that u posted to let it out and so good to set that free, free your voice again and again its great that you have done that; keep posting!

It will give you strength.

You will feel like jelly now but that will pass and you will have your thoughts about your future and where u want to be.

We will help you all we can.

Warmest wishes ts

Invisible
      Participant

Thank you thank you for replying.

I just needed to hear that it’s him, not me.

The tears are flowing, but I’m holding on.

maddog
      Participant

My ex has demanded money from me too. He appeared reasonable in court so the court made an order for me to pay him an amount. Now he is doing stupid things to try and make him not have to pay maintenance for the children. My ex has been behaving unutterably badly and if only he would stop digging his hole deeper.

It is really difficult. My ex expects me to take responsibility for his decisions. T**t.

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the helpline number on here. Abusers thrive on silence. If it wasn’t the money he would use some other excuse to terrorise you. It’s how abusers try to keep control. You did nothing to set him off. He chooses to be abusive. That’s what abusers do. They thrive off our fear and distress. Using it to keep control. Please speak out. Visit your GP or find your local women’s aid. My ex once launched an incredible verbal offensive against me, absolutely terrifying me because I bought the wrong colour top milk. It was never about the milk. It was about him choosing that as an excuse to destroy my confidence and mental health. It’s not you. There is never an excuse for domestic abuse x he knows exactly what he is doing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content