Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BananaPancakes-
      Participant

After a whole month of me telling him it’s over. He’s back to pretending it’s all fine. Talking about Christmas presents. Pestering me for physical contact, obsessing over me, loads of compliments, talking about the passed and fun times. On (detail removed by Moderator) he was telling me he was moving out with mates. Although I didn’t believe him. He’s in complete denial. Just saying he doesn’t want to lose me. What we’ve got is too good. I’m pulling my hair out here. Iv been civil around him and with him acting like this it’s so hard not engaging with him at all, especially with little kids he helps with them. But he’s completely ignored my wishes to break up, my unhappiness and more importantly my reasons why I want to break up. I don’t have the money to involve a mediator and earn enough to cover bills let alone save up and move out ☹️ I feel like it doesn’t warrant the police or court being involved as he’s not being nasty. Just outright in denial. I don’t know what to do. Just trapped here unhappy forever

KIP.
      Participant

Contact your local women’s aid and get some free legal advice from a solicitor, most offer free legal advice initially. He’s absolutely not in denial he’s in control and he’s going nowhere until he’s made to.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Oh gosh, I get this, the selective memory/hearing. He knows what you’ve said and what you want. He’s not going to give it to you and his tactics make you out to be the bad guy, or feel crazy. Be careful because if this doesn’t work he’ll try something else, not usually so nice. So stay safe and as Kip said, reach out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content