Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

The hospital said he was discharged home (detail removed by moderator). I thought he would be resting. I took the kids out and when we got back I recognised his brothers car! I just got the kids in the house. I looked out the window and I saw the car drive off. I don’t know if he was in the car but I was scared. My sister and brother in law said if he comes here we will ring the police. He hasn’t sent a text saying found you.

I feel safe that I am not on my own with the kids. I am having difficulties getting my kids into a school here.

KIP.
      Participant

Sounds like your sister and brother in law know what they’re doing. Perhaps he sent his brother to check if you were staying there. It’s nearly time for schools to break for Xmas. I’d be very wary now of leaving them alone until you have legal confirmation you’re their main carer. He can collect them and take them until you have that. The law says he’s as much right as you to have them and it’s obvious as he’s mentioned this before. He knows if he has the kids he has you. Now he knows where you/they are be very careful. You might want to ring 101 for some advice or ring the domestic abuse helpline x

Anonymous
      Inactive

He was looking through the window this morning. I wouldn’t have seen him but one of the kids shouted daddy. I shouted at him to stay away and he just smirked and walked away

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the police. You need to let them know. Get a police marker on the house and get them to warn him. You need to push right back from now. Gather your support and use the police. That’s what they’re there for. It’s illegal to scare you like this. It’s stalking and there are laws to protect you. Please use them.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s intimidating behaviour. That’s his way of letting you know he knows where you are. You need to let him know the police know about his behaviour and will deal with him if it persists. Take back control.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I did but they said unless he does something they can’t do anything

KIP.
      Participant

Make a complaint about the police. He is coming to where you are. Alarming you and causing fear. That’s stalking. You don’t wait for an abuser to do something, he’s already doing it. Do you have help from women’s aid? Or victim support? You get good police and lazy useless ones. There are anti stalking organisations that can help. Paladin etc.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content