Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly567
      Participant

Hi everyone, so (detail removed by moderator) I had to have my ex partner removed from my property as all legal work has been completed. I’ve taken steps to ensure I have covered all details such as lock changes etc and feeling more secure..will be getting cctv also. He is having to come back to collect items and as today i have to involve the police because of his behaviour I am going to have them here when he does come back.
      I just wanted some tips on how to deal with the aftermath..I know I’ve changed my locks etc but I’m terrified that he’s going to come back. He is a drug addict and is unpredictable and i have completed a domestic injunction also. I’m just worried about the next stage and how to continue, we did find knives (detail removed by moderator) in the room he was staying in and it has unsettled me. Thank you for any advise.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Butterfly567

I just wanted to show you some support. It took a lot of courage and strength to make those steps, you did the right thing by involving the police to make sure you are safe.

You could speak to the police about getting a marker on your address if you haven’t already as this would ensure that you are seen as a priority if you do have to call them out again. It is really scary that you found knives, please keep reporting anything you are concerned about.

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Watersprite
      Participant

Ring doorbell – it takes video Too and u can see who is there
      Non molestation order without notice – Google NCDV they may help you get legal advice
      The police may get you an IDVA if high risk they are independent and help with safety planning
      Tell neighbours of safe to do so
      Have a safety plan and for kids if you have them in house
      Women’s aid – keep trying even if you can’t get through
      Lots and lots of self care
      Hope this helps – have been there

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content