Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all. I can’t believe what’s happened. I went to work held my held high and I did the ignore silent treatment tactic that my husband did to me! It felt great and I’ve decided how long I’m staying here. I spoke with a friend we have agreed on where we would like to work and when we are thinking of making this move. We both want to move out from (removed by moderator) I’ve come back after my husband decided to destroy our marriage. I will not let anyone undermine me at work I’ll keep my gob shut put my head down and then show them I mean business when I hand my notice in out of the blue and say I’m leaving to start a new life elsewhere. See you definitely do not want to be you!

Oh and the strangest thing happened. My husband has only decided not to contest the divorce. That’s it it’s going to go through! He’s still trying to have one last attempt to control and manipulate me but what he fails to realise is that it’s me whose in control now the tables have turned. He actually claims to have grounds for divorce against me which is very funny and also he doesn’t accept my claims of unreasonable behaviour and said he has grounds for divorce against me well if that’s the case why aren’t YOU divorcing ME?!!! He is just ALL TALK! He also isn’t going to agree that he’s a vile, abusive, controlling and manipulative coward!!!

After everything I have endured over the last (removed by moderator) consecutive days things have completely changed. There has been a light at the end of the tunnel and a glimmer of hope. Ladies when things are going from bad to worse remember one thing….this is only temporary! It will pass it can’t stay like this forever and at least you have good days coming your way!

Have I really just stood up to a domestic violence perpetrator? I cannot believe that I have done this!! My body feels like it’s been tortured for years on end! X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Positiveandlookingahead,

I’m pleased that you’ve had a better day after some very difficult ones. Thank you for sharing your coping strategies and your positive moments.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa. Thank you for your comments. It’s been so difficult because I’ve had to stand up every time he’s tried to knock me and this week passed had horrific triggers each and every day. But I’m deciding today is the start of a new approach. I will do my chores, rest and be kind to myself. I’ve been so brave and reached a great stage through my divorce the uncertainty and what will happen next is no longer there. I’m going to try mindfulness today, plenty of sleep, water, tea and warmth of my bed sheets while I watch films in bed. A face mask will help too. Throughout the divorce I’ve had to relive things again but now the storm is calming and I am going to try and focus on me. I stood up to a lot of people last week who tried to trample all over me, belittle me and mock me. I can now feel victorious and start thinking about me, Christmas with my family after a long time, shaping up for my holiday, going away and sitting on that beautiful beach with white sands and palm trees xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content