Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BakingQueen
      Participant

So… after quite some time of not being around I find out my childs father is trying to get in contact with a mediator.

Bare in mind that I tried this before and he ignored it. Not sure what the catalyst is for him all of a sudden wanting contact.

My child is so much better off without the emotional abuse and I certainly dont trust him to be alone as in the past he wouldn’t supervise our child properly.

Personally I will push for supervised access. Has anyone had any experience of this type of situation? How did your pursuit of supervised access work.

I dont really want to engage in mediation and I certainly refuse to be in the same room as him, but it looks better on me if I cooperate right??

I’ve got evidence of his lack of concern for his sons well being and his selfish ways but does that even help my case? What is it that I need in order for the courts to allow supervised access only?

Thanks for listening x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I haven’t been through this but I’ve been on this forum for years and from what I’ve read this sudden appearance will have more to do with contacting you than their child. If these men cannot see the harm they’re doing to you they seem to move on. So my advice is for you to have absolutely zero contact with him and make this plain to everyone involved from the start. His contact with you is detrimental to your mental health and you fear for your safety and that of your child. Your child feels happy and secure and if their father is allowed contact it should be supervised at the very least. Hopefully he’s just blowing hot air. Have you received anything concrete from a solicitor or agency or is he just fishing? I think they get bored and try to hoover us back in various ways. I really think they think we are just sitting waiting on them coming back to start again. Time means nothing to them. There was a great post on here ages ago after many years of courts bail restraining orders etc, just when she thought she was home free and recovering she gets a text saying something like ‘Hi, do you still have the salad spinner?’ That stuck in my mind because he just thought he could pick up where he left off. They are truly deluded x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content