Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Marmite
      Participant

My partner is also my registered carer. Its mainly because I have physical problems that mean I can’t do housework etc.
      We keep having arguments about how he will just go out and not be doing what needs to be done.
      When I could do more, my house was messy but not dirty. Now it’s both! He does do some things like the cooking and washing but it’s the day to day hoovering and polishing that doesn’t get done.
      He had been out earlier with my child and then came home and went straight back out again. The idea was for him to get something (detail removed by moderator) !!
      Am I being stupid to expect him to put our family and household first?
      He came back copping because he couldn’t see that he had done anything wrong and its made me think im over reacting but he does it a lot!
      Hes now upstairs playing at being a martyr and doing loads of housework!
      I feel like I can’t win. I’ve told him if he’s staying he needs to get a job and I will get a cleaner

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Marmite,

I’m sorry to hear how you’re feeling at the moment.

It sounds like your partner is taking advantage of the fact that he has the control over these things getting done and is using it against you. It must be very frustrating that you feel dependant on him to complete these tasks.

Our environment can have a really big impact on our mental health, particularly when we are left at home alone quite often, so it’s certainly understandable that this is having an impact on you and causing a lot of stress.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content