Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Feel like I’m back at square one. Nightmares, can’t sleep, constantly crying. He was seen in my local pub with his new girlfriend and HER son. He hasn’t made any effort to see our son. I’m pregnant with his child!! I’ve been feeling so much better but this has hit me like a tonne of bricks. How can he move on like this? How can he have no care in the world? How can he be around someone else’s son and not his own? How can he even contemplate on being intimit with someone else? My life has been turned upside down and I will be picking up the pieces for a very long time but he’s ok, he seems happy, he don’t care about us, how is this fais? Maybe I should I stayed least we would be a family. Least I would have someone to love and potentially love me. I’m broken

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. I know how you feel. I also felt like he had moved on very quickly but this actually shows how shallow and false he is. These men are not wired to care like we are. They just look for victims to suck the life from. One of the worse things for me was friends telling me they had seen him, or what they had heard. This has to stop. Tell any friends and family that you do not wish to know what he is doing. Avoid social media. Go no contact. I know it’s hard to do but it will help with your recovery and avoid painful triggers. You are not responsible for him or his behaviour. You may be broken now but we are strong women to have survived abuse. This is your chance to rebuild your life and that of your children. Show them that you will not tolerate abuse. I promise you with time and help, things will get better and you will see him for the total loser he is. They are nothing without us, we are everything without them. Take baby steps just now. Concentrate on you and your baby’s health. Stay strong and keep posting. Mine was actually cheating on me and I found out on Facebook. His ‘gf’ had changed her profile pic to them snd put she was in a relationship with him. This was my punishment for telling him I didn’t love him anymore. They are nasty selfish self serving twisted little men. Thanks goodness we don’t think like them X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ho there whenwillifindhappiness. Ive been in this situation before. My first abuser who i were with (detail removed by moderator) decades were seen with another women (detail removed by moderator) weeks after he threatened to smash the car up with his son in it. But im afraid as we all know these monsters never change and it took just over (detail removed by moderator) months for his mask to slip and she got rid of him. Second one were on at his ex girlfriends just over a week after i were mortified. But these animals will keep going from one to the other. I agree with what kip said there not wired like normal people. Just look after yourself love im trying to do the same. I also have autistic sons but none of my ex abusers will bring me down again. Big hugs….x*x

Bubblegum
      Participant

Whenwillfindhappiness .The above ladies have given you some really good advice there .With being pregnant as well your emotions are probably more heightened .As hard as it is your main concern now is yourself your baby and son .Please take care of yourself and focas on your son .It might not feel it right now but this will pass .You won’t feel like forever .These men have to have someone to latch on to they can’t be on there own .They might look the happy couple moment but it’s only matter time as we all know the real him will kick in .Keep strong sending hugs X*x

Thank you guys!!! I knew this day was coming because I know he can’t be on his own but it hit me hard and like you say my emotions are heightened because of the pregnancy. You would think this would make us hate them more but it made me miss him more cos I know he will be the fake loving man I once knew and I’m jealous. Had a lovely day with my kids today and really trying to focus on them. I feel tiny bit better this evening. It’s funny because he has nothing to his name apart from a car and pillow. So he wants to find someone quick to look after him and for somewhere for him to live. I had to do everything cos he was so bone idle and self centred. Just hard trying to find the positives right now. I suppose I’m just feeling very very sorry for myself xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content