Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragon
      Participant

We had a disagreement because he said he didn’t want me to see my friend (female) wouldn’t give me a reason only that he wouldn’t have minded me seeing her if she had something ‘really serious’ to talk to me about. Then he got upset with me whe I got back because I didn’t text him straight back because I was talking to her.
      When he said something that upset me and then told me that he didn’t say it (I accept I misinterpreted the meaning and was probably being sensitive) that I had perceived something that hadn’t happened. He just did it again tonight, slammed something down on the table and then when I said there was no need for it he stormed off saying he hadn’t done it and that I blatantly make things up that don’t happen and he can’t talk to me because of it.
      When I messaged him asking if he was ok, he text me back (removed by moderator) hours later (an unacceptable waiting time according to his standards, but he notoriously doesn’t answer people, who cares about hypocrisy) saying he wasn’t. No asking how I was or how I feel.
      It feels like coercive control and gaslighting to me and I get angry and defensive when I feel like that, then it seems to wear off and I doubt myself. Opinions please? Am I being petty and stupid and making this up? We have been getting on better recently but the past few days have been difficult relationship wise.
      X

KIP.
      Participant

Google gaslighting. Typical abuser tactics. No it’s not you. You’re caught in the web of an abuser and his tactics x

Dragon
      Participant

That is how it feels at the time but not afterwards. Thanks for replying xx

diymum@1
      Participant

I had similar issues xx always felt like meeting the girls was treated like I was as having an affair or something!I always wondered why this was always blown out off proportion and that’s the confusing part xx now I know it’s because they want you to revolve around him and him only. It’s also about an attitude off ownership. It’s all about them and there need for all off ur attention xx when they don’t get what they want they get enraged xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content