Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Doglover99
      Participant

I have 3 weeks until I can move to our new place but my husband is really pushing me now. He’s had enough of everything (well so have I) and now he’s pushing me to get intimate with him. I’ve managed to avoid it for a long time but he’s now really pushing and said I might as well move out if nothing is happening. The timing couldn’t be worse really, I have nowhere to go until I get the keys. How do I placate him for another couple of weeks?

In my mind I can’t imagine anything worse but do I really have a choice? He’s really angry at me now because I’m not doing anything much with him. I don’t want him doing anything drastic just before we are ready to leave. I want to go on my terms, not be chucked on the streets.

Have any of you had this? How did you deal with it?

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hiya – really sorry for what you are going through at the moment.

It must be SO HARD on you to try and keep things as ‘normal’ as possible – until you are free to go.

It really does get to the stage where you physically can’t stand to be in the same room as them, look at them, or talk to them – and there is no way you want to be touched by them.

He will know (as you know) this relationship has come to an end, but he’s still trying to gain some kind of control over you by ‘demanding’ you get intimate with him.

The way I used to handle this situation was pick a ‘mini row’ over something small, that way if he’s not talking to you and you’re not talking to him, there is less chance of having to be intimate with him. If you can keep up the ‘silent treatment’ for a few days then it may be a help.

Sorry I don’t know what else to suggest, I’m just trying to think up ways to get you out of this tight spot!!!!

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

This is prob gonna be worse advice, so feel free to ignore it, when i was in your position i just let him have it, he knew i didnt want to give it, he didnt care as long as he got it, i was just bidding my time, he couldnt of insulted me more then he had already insulted, i was already in hell

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content