Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s been a hectic few days, a (detail removed by moderator). & because of these the housework + general chores has slacked. Not only this, the (detail removed by moderator) is used for drying clothes on Aires’s yet HES filled the (detail removed by moderator). Now he’s saying I do nothing & I’m not capable because he hasn’t got (detail removed by moderator)!! (There are (detail removed by moderator)) & that it takes him 10 minutes. Yet he hasnt got numerous kids rapped round him asking for food or drink every 5 minutes nor has he a (detail removed by moderator) baby that you’ve got to keep check on, clean a nappy, change if they’ve dirtied. I’m Ill myself with (detail removed by moderator) (that’s not stable) depression & anxiety, I’m constantly tired & im losing my hair. He’s called me a w****o a freak & all sorts of other names also called me a grass (if I was a grass guaranteed he’d be behind bars now) he’s pushed & shoved me tonight after kneeing me in the ribs & punching me in the head a few weeks ago. I do nothing but try and please him. I just wanted a few days with family that I haven’t seen properly in the last 3 years. Because I’ve basically allowed him to have me under lock n key scivvying around behind him. He himself can’t manage to put his clothes in the wash basket which is in the (detail removed by moderator) when he takes his clothes off & (detail removed by moderator) Never go in the bin! He twists everything on me & makes me look like the bad person. I feel so broken & alone with no support. I feel trapped. I hate him but I love him.

Needtoclarify
      Participant

You are not alone. Sending you a hug brave mum. What an evil, nasty piece of work. I am so so sorry he has put you through this mental and physical abuse. He’s a failure as a husband and a failure as a father. You feel alone because of him, he does not support his family and is putting you through this horrendous ordeal. You are not alone though, you have Women’s Aid and this forum. You are here because enough is enough, you know you need to remove yourself from this. Well done you, be proud of yourself.

You need to leave for your children. Be the grass, he is obviously fearful of that because he knows it’s illegal what he is doing to you. It will destroy the children if you don’t leave. You will be a better, stronger, happier mother without this abuse, you’re already doing it on your own so it would be so much easier without the abuse. Your children deserve a safe and happy environment. Once the children are of certain age, he will do the same to them given the chance. You have to protect them if not for yourself.

Stay strong and brave, this is rock bottom and you will have a happy life with your babies by removing him from your life. Sending you hugs xo

Neueranfang
      Participant

Wow this sounds so familiar.I have been out for just under (detail removed by moderator) now but I was with a man just like your partner for over (detail removed by moderator) and we have got children together. My Ex also used to complain if his clothes weren’t washed but he wasn’t able to put them in the washing basket and he would also leave sweet wrappers, cans or whatever it was he used absolutely everywhere for me to clean it up after him and when I refused to do it and (detail removed by moderator) on one occasion to see if he would get enough of it and (detail removed by moderator), he told me I was sick to do that.How pathetic.That’s all I can say.These man are pathetic and don’t deserve us.My Ex wasn’t only pathetic though.He was also violent and broke my nose twice and put his hands on me on numerous occasions.I loved him, too and it was soooo hard to leave and he is still harassing me now but it was the best thing I have ever done and could have done for my children.They actually remember quite a lot of the stuff he did to me when I though they were too young but they are fine.I had this fantasy of this perfect family in my head and I was clinging on to that not realising that it would have always just been a fantasy as my Ex is an abusive, n**********c monster and not capable, neither deserving of a happy family life.Children need structure and love and a sense of belonging.It doesn’t matter if you are a single mum, 2 mums, 2 dads, one dad as long as that’s given children will develop emotionally and cognitively. My children’s home is wherever I am and they know they can rely on me.I thought my Ex broke my heart, but I am realising that he broke my spirit.However, I am now getting that spirit back.It is a long journey but it will be worth it in the end. You are not alone.Sending you lots of strength and love x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

He sounds similar to my abuser – it’s not because (detail removed by moderator) he would simply pick something else to be abusive about. You could strive to be perfect and that would never be good enough – it got to the point in my house that if everything was perfect he would pick a ridiculous point to start an argument about (in one case it was because his (detail removed by moderator) even though the day before he kicked off because it was (detail removed by moderator)!!) they are always changing the goalposts so you will never win. You’re doing a brilliant job being a busy mum but you will be waiting a long time for him to ever acknowledge this.
      Stay safe.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content