Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lostandbroken
      Participant

Had a nice day with him the other day after our first scan, nice tea together etc. I asked him if he had changed his (detail removed by moderator) dates (as it’s fallen on my daughters birthday, (detail removed by moderator)) as it’s not been booked yet, and he just turned again. I told him is a massive deal and I really want him to be there to share it with me, baring in mind she’s going to be (detail removed by moderator), but still she’s having a party and I want him there. He’s since then decided he’s sick of it all and wants no contact for a fortnight.
      He dips in and out of being the loving partner to my complete enemy, frequently. I should be strong and allow this nonsense to happen. I doubt he will respect my feelings and change the dates, I think I know deep down it’s not going to happen. That’s the harsh reality, they don’t care do they

KIP.
      Participant

Sadly that’s the harsh reality and the sooner it sinks in the better it will be for you. I’d block him and get on with my own life. You can’t force him to be part of his child’s life and you shouldn’t have to either. He won’t change. My ex was seeing someone else behind my back as abusers often do. If you’re still in a relationship with him it’s a huge red flag that he wants no contact for two weeks. There’s a reason behind it.

lostandbroken
      Participant

You would think he would be up to something with this wouldn’t ya. But he’s been persistently on my case today, problem is he has my baby with him. He’s a good dad I have no issues there, he’s more obsessed with where I am and what I’m doing whilst I’m baby free.
      My other child isn’t his, so he doesn’t care whether he hurts her feelings or not.
      I feel dead trapped and stressed, he’s already out though so why am I still allowing this mess to prolong, I am so stressed and scared of being on my own through this pregnancy, and I think he knows that and thinks it’s ok to bully me 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

Sadly they are more abusive when we are vulnerable. It’s sad and damaging that he’s hurts your child’s feelings. It’s not her fault. Do you have support from your local women’s aid? Try to build a support network away from him. Abusers like to isolate us from friends and family.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content