Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barati
      Participant

Hey – new to the forum and wanted to say hi –

only (detail removed by moderator) into my husband being removed after (detail removed by moderator) so new and confusing – its been a good help to be able to read some of your experiences and see that all the conflicting emotions I am having are normal

Long road ahead I think and probably just need to accept there will be good days and bad days

KIP.
      Participant

Hey and welcome. Yes it’s a rollercoaster ride to recovery but you will get there. Time and zero contact are my two top tips x meantime contact your local women’s aid for support and take a look at some books. Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Healing from Hidden Abuse by Shannon Thomas and Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft. Evan Stark is another good author. Knowledge Is Power. And be very kind to yourself x self love. Eat well and keep hydrated. It’s a battle so be battle ready x KIP

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hi Barati, and welcome😊

Well done for getting out, and reaching out, it takes so much courage. KIP is right, be battle ready. Educate yourself and give yourself time. We become so conditioned when we live in abuse to be hyper vigilant, reacting to every twitch our abuser makes and trying to anticipate what’s going to happen. Allow yourself the time to process what you’re feeling, then you can respond to to situations rather than reacting. You dont have to jump to attention when he snaps his fingers anymore, you escaped that. But it’s a deeply embedded response and will take time and effort to overcome. Be patient with yourself and keep reaching out for support. It’s a tough road, but few things worth doing in life are easy, and taking your life and power back are the most worthwhile things you will ever do xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content