Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Funmum
      Participant

Hi I’m new
      I had an account over a year ago and I didn’t use it I wasn’t ready to use it but I’ve decided I need you ladies.

I’m in a financially mentally abusive relationship with a man who drinks and never takes any responsibility for our three kids I had an option to leave and move far away to a refudge with my 3 kids aged (detail removed by moderator) but I got scared and my daughter wouldn’t leave her dog 😑

So they offered me a place in a really run down drug area in a really rough place close to home but I turned that down too because it didn’t feel safe.

I now feel like I’ve totally messed up my chances of getting out!

I have no family I just don’t know what’s the best thing to do for my kids and I xxxxxx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Funmum, welcome to the forum.
      Don’t give up. The options offered to you didn’t work out and that’s okay, take in few deep breaths, regroup and look at other possible solutions.
      Ask yourself what would make you feel comfortable and safe?
      Is going far away scary? Do you prefer to stay put where you live now?
      Keep on contacting Women’s Aid to talk through different options, you will find one which will suit you.
      Have a look at the Right of Women’s website too, it describes how you can apply for a non-mol or occupation order to have him removed instead of all of you moving.
      Also there are foster care for pets whilst you’re living in a shelter.

Try again, doors aren’t closed now because the two first options didn’t work out. Try again, you deserve to be safe, keep going darling.
      Sending you strength and hugs 💪💕

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Also about the financial abuse, can you open up your own account, not informing him about it, keeping logins and access on your name.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content