Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedompoppy
      Participant

Hi everyone

I’m knew to the forum, I’m so isolated since leaving my abuser ( (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago ) and would like to share my story.
      Iv been under domestic abuse services for two years now but never found the courage to leave until (detail removed by Moderator) when I was sexually beaten. I realise now that I had been experiencing this throughout the relationship and didn’t even realise as I thought it was consensual not that I had been coercived. I went through the normal cycle of love bombing, devaluation and discarde. I’m totally isolated and lost all my friends expect one, I lucky enough still have my family. I lost (detail removed by Moderator) jobs to through the jealousy and control he had over me and my phone had a tracker and other software so he knew what I was doing. I called the police back last year and was high risk of homacide through strangulation “ sex games gone wrong” he managed to indirectly contact me ( breaking his bail ) through sitting down at my daughters grave and putting status updates he wanted to talk. All of a sudden I had withdrawn my evidence and I was back into the relationship. The abuse got worse. (detail removed by Moderator) was breaking point for me, I reported it to my de but not the police I needed to get out and now I’m trying to pick up the pieces of what he has done to me and what he has got away with. I feel so let down by the police.. I had no exit interview ( which the my we’re supposed to do) I remember him sitting next to me when I called the CPS and his response was just a copper who doesn’t know how to satisfy a women or control them. He is now in a new relationship, I know the girl to and I just want to say run! But I know I can’t. I am in a lot of therapy but I’m scared he will hurt again. Thank you for reading and hello everyone

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful Angel … Freedompoppy,
      Welcome and well done for posting, you will find lots of help and support on here and we are always here for each other so you have no need to feel alone anymore.
      Well done aswell for leaving, you sound like you have had quite an ordeal, so you need to be kind and gentle to yourself … it is going to take some time to heal… but you will heal and start to build the life you deserve.
      It’s great that you are having therapy, this will really help to unravel things and help you to start to build back your strength.
      Now you are out of that relationship you will start to form friendships again, just give yourself a little time… not that easy in lockdown either so be patient.
      Know that you can post anytime on here and that you are in a loving and safe space.
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Freedompoppy
      Participant

Thank you Darcy, means a lot to hear your kind words x

Darcy
      Participant

Keep posting we are all here to give you love and support xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content