Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sushi
      Participant

Hi everyone I’m new here and I’m looking for some advise, I’m married for (detail removed by moderator) and my husband behaviour is exactly like a sociopath. When we meet he was just the must king man I ever meet, lovely with me spoiling me all the time, loads of cuddles romance he moved to my house (rented) in (detail removed by moderator) and in (detail removed by moderator) we moved for a new house that “ we” bought and my nightmare started, he changed completely and lovely man just varnish. He start been a control freak, financial abuse, emotional abuse, now I’m living a true nightmare I have no kind of live from him , even a kiss or a cuddle, no sex for more than (detail removed by moderator) months, I just want to get hold of my salary and make him depend of him. His salary is 3x more than mine but he is completely money obsessed. I feel so lost and want to leave but I can’t afford a divorce or even to look a a house to move at the moment. What I should go??

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome. Please contact your local women’s aid. They can help you and perhaps offer you a space in a refuge until you can plan something more positive. What you describe is a typical abusers. They’re all nice and lovely until they trap us then their real nasty side shows up. You can also get some free legal advice from Rights of Women who have a website and free legal helpline and there’s also the national domestic abuse helpline which is 24/7. You do not have to put up with this behaviour. There is help out there for you x have a look at Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sushi,

Welcome to the Forum. As KIP has said please do keep reaching out for support with this; your husband sounds very abusive. A good place to start would probably be with your local Women’s Aid Group/ local domestic abuse service. They should be able to offer you some emotional support with everything and may have access to legal advice around the house. You can find the contact details for your local service here.

And remember you can also contact a Women’s Aid support worker via the Live Chat if you need any extra information or support.

Please do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content