Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Phoenix123
      Participant

Hi,

I was in an abusive relationship in the past, it was a good while ago and I was very young. Luckily I got away and have since moved on with my life but after the years it can still haunt me and I have never fully opened up to anyone about what happened. People just think he was a bit of a jerk. I was wondering if there are talking groups or any kind of services for people who previously suffered as I feel I need to talk about it. Or if other people who have gotten out have any advice, as I said I am lucky I have gotten away and it was a good few years but I don’t feel healthy keeping it all to myself. Any advice would be really appreciated thank you.

X

Starmoon
      Participant

You can rite on here anything… One of us will always reply and show support.
      Also calling women’s aid, depending on where you live, there is various support groups and dv counseling in some places. The most common and widely available is the freedom program. Also you could speak to your gp about getting some counseling :).
      As I said- post on here when ever you need to. I’m only just coming out of an abusive relationship and in counseling now. It’s opening up allot of things I hadn’t recognized and it helps to come on here and find others to relate xx

godschild
      Participant

Hi, Yes writing on here may help you , im not sure if Womends aid could give you a worker to work thro it all, councelling as Starmoom said would help as well, make sure they understand the dynamics of abuse as they could make it worse if they dont you most likely have a lot of feelings bottled up and they are better out than in x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

Do you have the Women’s and Girl’s Network where you live or the Women’s Trust? Try them, they may be able to help.
      By any means post here!
      We are always here to talk.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content