Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowbutterfly
      Participant

Hi everyone,

Im hoping I have found the right place here. My ex has not long got out of prison earlier than I thought after what he did to me, and I’m struggling to get him off my mind. I’m confused and want the thoughts to stop. I keep wondering if me thinking about him means I still care about him?? Hmmm…

Any help please? X

Escapee
      Participant

Hey rainbow butterfly

Yes you’ve found the right place. Everyon here is wonderfully supportive and we’re at all different stages of our stories.
      What you’re feeling is normal and all part of the trauma bond – have a read up about it and it’ll help you make sense of the crazy feelings you have for man that first deserve you and you need to stay as far away from as possible! Also check out n**********c abuse – this helped me enormously!
      I’m leaving (detail removed by moderator). I have cried buckets over the last few days, I don’t want to leave but I know I have to and I need to stay strong. The ladies on here have helped me to remember the truth and not get blinded by my emotions.

Welcome to our virtual sanctuary for sanity and support.
      Xx

Escapee
      Participant

That should have read ‘doesn’t deserve you’! 😌

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content